Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ariens Deluxe 28 SHO, I am currently having a few issues, one gear doesn't work when being reversed, also when I press the starter when plugged in unit starts fine however when I pull the cable to start the unit basically doesn't start, I notice this mostly when its really cold, if unit has been started before and I wanna restart it starts fine as long as its not too long between, Is this probably a bad spark plug? also, the first gear seems too fast, as well as the first reverse gear seems to not work properly. Any help?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes get a new plug and see if that helps. May also be low compression but start with the new plug....Also make sure they are no leaks in the air intake and head gasket.

As far as the gear problem goes you need to take the belley pan off and inspect the condition of the friction wheel and disk.

The control cable tension may also be an issue. Check these things out and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think the new plug is a good suggestion. It's cheap and easy, and not starting with the pull-starter could be consistent with weak ignition. It could be other things too, but starting with the easy stuff is a good idea.

For the gear, I'd check whatever connects the gear-selection lever to the transmission. I believe this is the control cable tension that Toro-8-2-4 is referring to. But just to be clear, I don't mean the handle lever that engages the transmission when squeezing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts