Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an Ariens Deluxe 28 SHO model 921048 that I purchased last fall. It ran great all winter long, and today I changed the oil and removed the bottom cover to apply grease.

When I removed the bottom cover, a spring, a bolt, and a lock washer all fell out and I have no idea what these are for and where they came from. Does anyone recognize these parts and know where they belong? The spring is broken on one side. I didn't have any issues last time I used the snowblower several weeks ago and wouldn't have known anything was wrong if I hadn't removed the cover.

Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vZZEdtyNgfJgYTt49

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I can't get the pic to load a second time but did get a quick view and looks like the spring that attaches to the brake or I think they call it a swing plate to stop the pulley rotating when you let the lever go.

Reactions: thomhunt

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I’m not positive as it’s been a while since I did a rebuild on my 2017 deluxe (was in a fight with a forklift and lost lol) anyhow a new bucket and frame so swapped everything over but I think the bolt may have had the spring on it bolted in the side, will try and get a pic after work tomorrow when it’s daylight and a little warmer.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Glad you have it resolved, now just to wait for next winter to get some snow lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts