Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be looking at a 2009 Ariens Deluxe 30 this weekend. Been sitting for a few years, but stored properly. Looks to be in good shape (from pictures). It has the B&S 305cc engine, model 921013. Looks like I can get it for about $700 - is that a decent price?

Also - will be using at my home for the next few years - have a large circular driveway - may be overkill for home use. But will be retiring up to my cabin in NW WI in a few years where I will use it for a 1/3 mile gravel road (single lane). The road is not exactly even in some spots, but I don't think that should be a problem. Is there any issues with using this thing on a gravel road?

Thanks.

Adam

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Adam, welcome aboard! It sounds like a fair price, but not a "steal".

1/3 mile sounds like a long distance to cover with a walk-behind machine. I wonder if that's a practical strategy. Regardless, you'll certainly be fit when you finish.

Good luck with your shopping!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the time I will be using my UTV with a plow for the road, but if it is anything like last year (about 10 feet of snow over the winter), there comes the point where there is no more place to push the snow. The road in narrow - just one car width. Hoping not to have to use it on the road, but will be nice to have it if/when the time comes. Will still get plenty of use by my house, garage and outbuilding.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I love my Deluxe 30. Only thing I have to add is make sure you jack up the scrapper bar once you are done with your residential blowing. That gravel drive could raise some he11 with the blowers and near by windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts