Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Ariens 924125 (ST111528LE) snow thrower and want to add the dual belt attachment kit if I can. The model is not listed as compatible, but I'm guessing I can make it work if there are only a few tweaks.

Does anyone know if the engine sheave supplied with the dual belt atttachment kit will work with the Ariens 924125 (ST111528LE) snow thrower with the Tecumseh engine? If not, are there any sources that sell an engine sheave that would work with this engine and provide a dual v-belt pully?

Any other thoughts or considerations?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The one that comes with it fits a 1” shaft and key is built in so no sleeves will work unfortunately

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. You saved me the aggravation of buying the kit and then reaching the conclusion that it won't work. I will live with one belt. Thanks again......

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Are you sure your Tecumseh doesn’t have a one inch shaft? I’m going to be doing the same as I have a 924126 which is a 26” version (ST11526) and I’m pretty sure it has a 1” shaft but I have mine packed away to rebuild this summer, I’ll try and take a look tonight and see if they’ll fit, The big difference in the different kits are the length belts that come with it. Other than that no differences.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The dual belt kits won’t install on 924 series machines without major fabrication. Their isn’t enough room between the end of the engine’s crankshaft and where the tractor connects to attachments.

I’ve been using a single belt (1/2x38) with a 3” pulley on a 12hp OHV and 32” bucket for years. No slippage issues or eating through belts.

Are you having slippage issues?

The tension pulley arm would need to be completely reengineered to fit a pulley wide enough.

They dual pulley on the auger side would need to be cut out, welded and balanced onto the pulley hub of 924 series impeller shaft.

Lots and lots of work

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Guess you just saved me some trouble, I AM a machinist and fabricate a LOT but if there isn’t a need then won’t do it, Now the 3” pulley has me thinking lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you have an impeller kit? Best bang for buck performance increase.

3” pulley on the crankshaft to a 9” pulley on the impeller with engine @3600rpm gives a impeller rpm of 1200.

14.25 impeller (w/impeller kit) gives 74.5 feet/tip speed.

Seems as though increasing tip speed directly increases throwing distance, but can suffer under heavy wet snow conditions because of decreased torque.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts