Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I am new to this site, hoping for help on locating a hubcap in decent shape from the early 60 machines. I have a 1962 10ML60 that I have been restoring for a while and recently added a differential axle. The hubcap I have is pretty rusty and I've been watching Ebay and emailing people for several months with no luck. Can anyone help? I have parts machine, so if anyone is willing to trade for something I might have, I'm open to that or just paying for it too...Thanks, Ray

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I don't have any Ariens parts but if worst comes to worst and you can't find a replacement. Electrolysis is extensive used in resurrecting old woodworking equipment to remove surface and embedded rust. Might be worth checking if nothing else works out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hubcap

Thanks for the quick replies guys, but no, they are not chrome. They look like this:
Was hoping to find an original in nice shape. Been working on the machine all summer, actually looking foward to some snow this year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ohh that style... Sorry was thinking Craftsman...

I seen a post on another forum where a guy restored those. He had them media blasted then a pain shop repaint them. Might be pretty hard to find a survivor in better shape. If you repainted them you could use modern paint and clear coat, make them really stand up for years to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts