Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the instructions for removing the right hand track wheel in order to access the two grease fittings in there? My book says refer to the service manual. I didn't get one of those

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions for removing the right hand track wheel in order to access the two grease fittings in there? My book says refer to the service manual. I didn't get one of those

Thanks
The Rapidtrack drive wheel retention appears to be the same as the wheel drive snap clip. The service manual can be seen here: https://apache.ariens.com/manuals/05136630B.pdf and the procedure you need is on page 61.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These wheels are relatively easy to remove after you do it the first time. I'm not an engineer, but it would seem a better method for lubing the shafts could have been maybe been engineered in? I removed the adjuster bar and and entire track assembly once I started into it.

This machine has seen about 200 inches of snow total over 2 winters. Not much. We're out of here in early January. Last year when brand new, I probably had about 5-6 hours total and didn't pull the wheels in the spring when I 'summerized' it. Might of had maybe 7-8 hours this past winter. The shafts were bone dry and starting to rust. I have my doubts they ever had grease from the factory? At any rate, pretty simple job and necessary to do. Make sure to get the shaft keys back in place when reinstalling the wheels

The book says to siphon the gas tank dry to put it up in the service position. I initially tipped it up to see if the tank would leak at the cap. It didn't, but some gas starting dripping out of the carb area. So....I started the engine, turned the fuel off, and let it run dry. Problem solved and allowed me to tip it up with no spillage or siphoning the tank out. Given that standing the machine up is part of yearly maint., there should have been a way to drain the tank without siphoning if that's what they want done. A simple capped hose out the bottom of the tank would have done it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts