Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quite a bit to go wrong, but boy, if it worked right, what a BLAST....

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
LOL Does look good but can't imagine how much that thing is going to cost, Godly amounts for the Kraken.......

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's based on one of the RapidTrak's with the 28" being the smallest one at $3099 & the 32" at $3399. There's our starting point(s).

I don't think we'll see this in regular production anytime soon, if ever. I can't imagine the demand would be there.

Just an awful lot of drooling and frothing at the mouths.....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I wish that Ariens would negotiate a licencing agreement with Yamaha.
That in itself would probably double or triple their annual sales for sure.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the EOD issue will knock that out fast,otherwise what a tooth set on the auger
definitely looks hungry!

The amber color of that chute lamp is interesting...i wonder if it's to minimize reflection?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I wish that Ariens would negotiate a licencing agreement with Yamaha.
That in itself would probably double or triple their annual sales for sure.
sure agree there leon
any motor that's better and stronger than a LCT would make it better. yet with a machine with animal looks like it has , how about a v twin honda on it? i say honda only because parts are easier to find then yamaha or kawasaki
all 3 are darn good motors just common sense makes me think of what i go though to get normal wear parts for the kawi on my walk behind trim mower .

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you're going to have a woman selling snowblowers Ariens the least you can do is get some model quality babe in a bikini and high heels so I got something to look at while she drones on in an obviously scripted delivery. Back in the day these corporate spokes models were no more knowledgeable but they sure were nice to look at. Now with all this political correctness they're just boring.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
sure agree there leon
any motor that's better and stronger than a LCT would make it better. yet with a machine with animal looks like it has , how about a v twin honda on it? i say honda only because parts are easier to find then yamaha or kawasaki
all 3 are darn good motors just common sense makes me think of what i go though to get normal wear parts for the kawi on my walk behind trim mower .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Yamaha V twin motors are being sold in the states now and they are also selling the MX models as well by the folks at Northern Power Products. All I can say is VROOOOM.

As Tim Taylor from Tool Time used to say "MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dear mother loved Tool Time and ALF as much as I did when she was with us.

One of the honda twins with a catalytic converter mounted on the exhaust would work very well with the Kraken.

The smallest Yamaha Twin mounted vertically with the dipstick extension and a catalytic converter to clean the exhaust would do wonders for a new single stage snow thrower as it has 31 horse power from what I remember.
It would knock down a roof like the UP's railway rotary snow plows did in the past in the west. All they would need to do is move the fuel tank install the fuel pump option and install a battery for the electric starter and they could have several work lights too.

Its nice to dream and drool anyway.

·
Registered
842 Posts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Yamaha V twin motors are being sold in the states now and they are also selling the MX models as well by the folks at Northern Power Products. All I can say is VROOOOM.

As Tim Taylor from Tool Time used to say "MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dear mother loved Tool Time and ALF as much as I did when she was with us.

One of the honda twins with a catalytic converter mounted on the exhaust would work very well with the Kraken.

The smallest Yamaha Twin mounted vertically with the dipstick extension and a catalytic converter to clean the exhaust would do wonders for a new single stage snow thrower as it has 31 horse power from what I remember.
It would knock down a roof like the UP's railway rotary snow plows did in the past in the west. All they would need to do is move the fuel tank install the fuel pump option and install a battery for the electric starter and they could have several work lights too.

Its nice to dream and drool anyway.
in my view all it would take, is a good NON CHINA motor to help them all, but a good more powerful snow blower for those who need it would be wonderful, what do we have now? 12 hp max???? unless someone has that atv/utv mounted beast.with a 18 to 25 hp twin,
i know there are a few good motors coming out of china, but IMM! it's not a lifan"aka early predator" or LCT formerly the long loved tech's

a fuel pump to feed we have them already, some kohlers have a small 1 to 2 pound pressure electric or like most larger engines from all, a pulse pump that works off crankcase pressure, the efi units need about ?? 45 to 55 pounds .mini electrics again are already here,

emissions wise, the real end result is we will be seeing more small engines fitted with EFI, cats, vapor storage about 2020 when phase 4 comes into law the cats are already in production being used by a few companies,
https://www.nettinc.com/products/3-way-catalytic-converters/bluecat-small-spark-ignited-engines-emission-control-solution

1 - 20 of 24 Posts