Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent 3000 dollars on an Ariens Hydro Pro 28 with EFI it leaks oil like a dang faucet I brought to my local dealer and am told it will be 4-8 weeks until I know anything. Ariens and the dealer I bought it from will do nothin to rplace this new machine beside fixing it under "Warranty" it is December 12th and I won't have a working machine until February!? I don't think so!!! Simply unacceptable..... Buyer Beware!!!! If customer support can do anything contact me ASAP not happy 207-415-8381

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
$3,000 for a machine that $1,000 probably could have done the trick. So, that is $2,000 worth of beer and chips that will never come to fruition. :sad2:

Sorry to hear about the oil fountain . . . any idea of where it is coming from? Missing cap or plug? Easy fix maybe?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
First off you paid way over than what there selling for. I never heard of such a thing.

You bought this from a dealer or a big box store? One to two months before you know whats wrong? LOL ... that is unbelievable ....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is 2800 +tax And that's anywhere you buy this model from. The oil is coming from the engine case/valve cover. The reason it is going to take so long is because every dealer is back logged repairing old machines not brand spankin new ones it's rediculous! Under these circumstances Ariens needs to do the right thing and replace it asap.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
A few things to clear up:

1. $2,700 is the current price for an Ariens pro 28 hydro EFI. With tax, thats about $3,000.

2. Let's not have any judgment calls on what people choose to spend..Nothing wrong with buying a 3K snowblower if you want it and can afford it.

3. Oil leak is all about the engine, the exact model of snowblower is irrelevant. So it really has nothing to with the Ariens pro 28 hydro EFI, specifically, it could happen with any model.

4. 4 to 8 weeks seems about right for this time of year. They probably are literally unable to go faster, because they are swamped. I agree, it shouldnt take that long! But its December, thousands of people fired up their snowblowers for the first time this year over the past few weeks..hundreds then brought them into the shop, because they didnt adequately test them ahead of time..it is what it is.

Can you try other dealers?

Scot

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
*Price is 2799
Every dealer in the state of Maine is 4 weeks+ I called them all today. It is at my local shop right now. I completely understand why they are all busy however my snow blower shouldn't be there period. I know stuff happens but the fact it happened on a brand new snow blower this time of year should get special attention from the manufacturer in my opinion.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Was it bought at the local and authorized repair dealer, if it was then that is way too much time to wait. Dealers do not make lots of money on warranty work and one has to accept that their own purchasing customers and customer pay work get first crack. It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Extremely frustrating.

+1 on pics and a good description. Towel it down good. Get a flashlight. Top up the oil. Start it and take a few cell phone pics of that leak. Let the folks here have a look. Something might just have been overlooked / not been dogged down tight from the factory. Hopefully it’s an easy fix for you.

·
Banned
474 Posts
This.
If its fixable now, great, then you can raise **** with Ariens and the shop later.
Why drag an independent repair center through the mud, are they supposed to drop everything they are doing for long time regular customers who are in line for service and repair a machine for someone who did not likely buy there? A local independent dealer would never have delivered the machine with obvious defects to a customer in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Sounds like the engine got made less the valve cover gasket . . . or the valve cover was not tightened properly. Those would be easy fixes. Beyond that, not so easy.

Anyway, the dealer should prioritize warranty work over repair work. Not to say how far back in line you might be with other customer's warranty work ahead of you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I ordered it from snowblowersdirect.com I received it in october. There was a small puddle of oil in the bottom of the box I didn't notice until unpacking it. I Inspected it found no signs of damage I assembled it not noticing any signs of oil. The next day there was oil on my garage floor. I found a little bit of oil in the belly of the blower upon further inspection and at the base of the engine. I wiped it all down dry and kept my eye on it and saw no more oil. I used it on the 1st snow a couple days ago and oil was all around the base of the engine and in the belly again. It is coming out of the valve cover from what I can see. I called snow blowers direct and Ariens and they said I would have had to return it within 30 days and not have had any gas in it. Iam literally stuck with it and waiting for the dealer to repair it. Even if I had bought it there it would be a warranty issue and id have to wait. Ariens should just take it back and replace it regardless of anyone's opinions it is new and defective period.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Why drag an independent repair center through the mud, are they supposed to drop everything they are doing for long time regular customers who are in line for service and repair a machine for someone who did not likely buy there? A local independent dealer would never have delivered the machine with obvious defects to a customer in the first place.
IMO if its the same dealer/repair center he bought it from like he says, the answer is yes.

A brand new machine with a problem should go to the front of the line. At least looked at pronto so parts can be ordered if they are needed.

If the machine was purchased at a Home Depot that's another story.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
OK, the puzzle pieces are coming together. Your 4-8 weeks at the local dealer is because you did not buy the machine from them.

I can see why you would not want to ship it back to the online retailer.

Do you still have the machine? or is it at the dealer? A few pictures and/or a video of the oil leaking would be helpful.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered it from snowblowersdirect.com I received it in october. There was a small puddle of oil in the bottom of the box I didn't notice until unpacking it. I Inspected it found no signs of damage I assembled it not noticing any signs of oil. The next day there was oil on my garage floor. I found a little bit of oil in the belly of the blower upon further inspection and at the base of the engine. I wiped it all down dry and kept my eye on it and saw no more oil. I used it on the 1st snow a couple days ago and oil was all around the base of the engine and in the belly again. It is coming out of the valve cover from what I can see. I called snow blowers direct and Ariens and they said I would have had to return it within 30 days and not have had any gas in it. Iam literally stuck with it and waiting for the dealer to repair it. Even if I had bought it there it would be a warranty issue and id have to wait. Ariens should just take it back and replace it regardless of anyone's opinions it is new and defective period.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts