Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got their hands on one yet? I have had one on ordered but no one has a clue when it will be in and Ariens website says backordered

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see mail order places claim to have parts for motorcycles etc in stock. But when I order, nope, not in stock, have to wait because they do not actually have the parts in stock.

You may want to call Ariens and/or just order the parts on their website. They'll send you the parts whenever those parts come into stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This $45 seems spendy.
I just got a a.m. led light and mounted it higher up on the control panel with a 45 degree bracket. This was mounted on the side not obscured by the chute. It wired right in the existing wiring.
Good luck!
* A halogen light drew too much electric current and eventually failed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hate to say this, but after waiting for so long to get my hands on the LED replacement kit, I’m completely unimpressed. I saw a few new models (Deluxe and Compact) at a Lowe’s yesterday. They have the LED and it looks very cheap. They had 3 on display and one of them had condensation inside already. I’m going to save my $50 for now, unless it ends up putting out an impressive amount of light. Also, IMHO, the new models looked horrible, again, very cheap. I’ll be hanging on to mine.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
156 Posts
My local Lowes still has last year's models. So does Ace. Light winter last year, evidently there's a lot of unsold inventory around here. May be why Ariens still hasn't updated their website.

New models look like Halloween editions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hate to say this, but after waiting for so long to get my hands on the LED replacement kit, I’m completely unimpressed. I saw a few new models (Deluxe and Compact) at a Lowe’s yesterday. They have the LED and it looks very cheap. They had 3 on display and one of them had condensation inside already. I’m going to save my $50 for now, unless it ends up putting out an impressive amount of light. Also, IMHO, the new models looked horrible, again, very cheap. I’ll be hanging on to mine.
View attachment 180752 View attachment 180753
Is it all metal? If so then it isn’t cheap

·
Registered
526 Posts
May be why Ariens still hasn't updated their website.

New models look like Halloween editions.
Website is updated now.

I'll I'll likly order the LED upgrade, I would hope it put out improved lumens and a brighter white light than the old halogen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Saw the new design at lowes. I like the updated control area. Metal seems to be the same thickness as outgoing model. Like the design. Also seen on their website the Platinum comes with quick turn chute with the press of a button. Like to see that in action. Price hump
Though. Got my 24 SHO Platinum last year for $1599, and this year they are $1999

·
Registered
526 Posts
Has anybody found this kit in stock ? Ordered from 1 place, got a out of stock after ordering. Called another, and seems they are all backordered.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Everything is out on ships from overseas..... I am waiting for stuff that is not in stock as well .... Unfortunately, America relies to much on overseas manufacturing, we should have kept more here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Ariens Parts website still says 0 available. I’d be surprised if they shipped to any 3rd parties before they sell them themselves.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The Ariens Parts website still says 0 available. I’d be surprised if they shipped to any 3rd parties before they sell them themselves.
I'm actually surprised if it isn't the same exact part being used on current snowblowers.

Yes, too dependent on the "global" economy. America does make a lot of great stuff, but we outsource incredible amounts of smaller common parts and pieces that we used every day. Try and find American Jean's, bolts or nails, TV or cell phones. All 100% imported.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Picked up my new Ariens headlamp this morning from my dealer. The 72104400 kit includes the headlamp, pigtail wiring loom and Instructions and 2 screws. Pictures later this afternoon. Canadian price is CAD$72.99 and with taxes CAD$82.48.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Picked up my new Ariens headlamp this morning from my dealer. The 72104400 kit includes the headlamp, pigtail wiring loom and Instructions and 2 screws. Pictures later this afternoon. Canadian price is CAD$72.99 and with taxes CAD$82.48.
Look forward to pics, maybe comparisons to the halogen lamp!

Have mine on order, they have landed stateside, hope to see mine ship this week.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Look forward to pics, maybe comparisons to the halogen lamp!

Have mine on order, they have landed stateside, hope to see mine ship this week.
Here are some pics of the new LED headlamp kit and installed look. The 6 LED's stay on flicker free at idle and max engine speed. The kit seems very well made and includes all the parts needed to install and the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Interesting. Looks like a very clean fit. Hope to see a update once it's dark enough.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts