Snowblower Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
So Ariens apparently has a part number for the LED bar on the auger housing. 09383000. Facebook Ariens page some guy emailed them and they gave him a part number but it’s not orderable. I am hoping it becomes available at some point.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mountain Man said:
Look what FedEx just dropped off :p

Now does anyone out there know if this LED is running on AC/DC? Since the Stator is AC?
Or is there a miniature rectifier, capacitor or AC/DC converter
Few things here that might be of value (or simply TMI) for future users.........

Yes, these can be powered on either AC (direct to stator) or DC (after a redundant rectifier, *[blower's "DC output"]).

Because it's a LED (Light Emitting "Diode") it by nature, being a "diode", will inherently "rectify" AC if that's what it's powered with.(But mostly, the driver IC is doing this for us, see below)

These also run a internal "LED driver IC" so they can run stable on a wide voltage range (the driver IC is a on-board pre-rectifier w integral regulator and filtering), guessing like 6-30V.

Why is this important? Because our stator's raw AC(or *DC filtered or not) voltage outputs are unregulated and the output voltage varies greatly with RPM, guessing like 5-30VAC (7.07-42Vp) and when powering accessories with just the stator alone (old school LED circuit designs, incandescent bulbs and the like) w/o a lead acid battery and regulator attached to the works for voltage "conditioning", these items all go pretty dim (or can just shut off) at idle and usually got smoked at high speed.

For LED lighting on our blowers, these new fangled LED's with their integral regulators ("driver IC's") have become more or less AC/DC compatible w bulletproof voltage ranges!! They are perfect to use as add-ons for us all tapping power from the "untamed stator"........BONUS!!!

* The stator manu pre-installs rectifier/s diodes on a/the stator's output wiring..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Might you share a link/manu # of the new LED bulb you found? They can vary from bulb to bulb, manu to manu, probably not too much, but ya never know with some of the stuff out there............

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I found a replacement LED bulb for the Ariens halogen bulb. Does anyone know how that compares to this new light ?
I installed a low wattage LED bulb in my Platinum halogen headlamp last year. It is excellent for others to see you but you cannot see very well at all. Probably depends on the LED that you buy, mine was a failure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I measured these types to draw 0.4A @ 12VDC, so around 5W
Thanks
That's just about the margin I have so I think I may be able to upgrade and keep my 2x9W leds sitting on the auger housing

Reactions: Sam Am I

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the Math and it looks good.

60W from the alternator
30W to the handle warmers
18W to my front LED:s
2W Misc (rectifier, illuminated switches, cable losses )
5 W Headlight LED

Total 55W :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks, upon searching the web, both ebay and amazon list LED bulbs that will work with the Ariens snowblowers. I'm sure you get what you pay for.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts