Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have had people offer to pay me to inspect a brand new machine from the dealer. It would blow you away on what I find sometimes. It's sometimes bad coming from the dealer but the big box stores?????
forgetaboutit. youse r taking your life in your hands.
Average Joe spends most of their time in a box store fixing up the home so its pretty natural for most (to me anyway) to look at snowblowers at such stores
But, I found I had to do quite a bit or reading on snowblowers to learn some ins and outs of what to get what not to get etc.

Anyway, I emailed the dealer I bought it from few days ago, they called today to give some input which was useful so at least they gave a sh##. Even offered to pick it up until I told them I had fixed it already. So, there is hope in the world.

I have found from calling around to diff dealers that some seem more versed and fluent w/ machines while others who sell the same items (talking dealers here) seem a bit clueless. Dunno.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is becoming extremely common with no more "Quality Control" from the Ariens factory and every other manufacturer today since none of them are made in the USA anymore, and they have to get them out of the factory and into the Big Box Stores as fast as possible, so the manufacturer would loose too much money wasting time with "Quality Control" on the new machines built today.
We see stuff like that all the time now on the new machines people just purchased. You do have to remember, the Bosses at the factories usually have a College education/Degree, so I would really worry about that, because they lack all forms of common sense when they have that "piece of paper"/College Degree hanging on their wall in their office.
They are only worried about their Bonus Checks, not quality and customer satisfaction anymore. They want their new "Junk" out the door as quick as possible and into the box store waiting for the next "Sucker/Victim" or Buyer.
But at least the factory people are good B.S.ers, that is what they learned in College, ways to be a good "Con-Artist" and a B.S.er to the customer.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts