Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and need some help.
I inherited an old Ariens snow thrower MN 922006 made between 1972-74 and I am looking for an electric start flywheel for the Tecumseh 4 hp MN HS40-55440C motor. I believe the PN for the flywheel is 610845. I know it is obsolete but I was hoping someone on here can direct me where I might find a replacement new or used or cross it with another flywheel. I found a PN 610856 on the web. It looks to be the same based on the photo. Can anyone tell me if this would work?
Any help would be appreciated. I am looking to restore this old blower. Its in real good shape and don't want to see it go to the scrap heap.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Does that flywheel have teeth already on it??? Many of the Tec's came "Electric Start Ready".... Just needed to bolt on the electric starter.

GLuck, Jay

·
Registered
793 Posts
Those will be a tough find on their own. Might have better luck finding a whole machine with an intact engine.

The good thing is those engines with a properly cleaned and tuned carb can be "one pull" engines. I own a couple with that exact engine, start right up when using the spring primer choke with 3-4 "half pulls" before giving the rope a full rip. I have an electric start on one of them, hardly ever use it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
With so many people here claiming that Tecumsehs blow rods at the drop of a hat, you'd think someone must have a spare flywheel around.

Reactions: tlshawks

·
Registered
793 Posts
With so many people here claiming that Tecumsehs blow rods at the drop of a hat, you'd think someone must have a spare flywheel around.
I'd bet HS40's and HS50 parts get scooped up by mini-bike enthusiasts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that flywheel have teeth already on it??? Many of the Tec's came "Electric Start Ready".... Just needed to bolt on the electric starter.

GLuck, Jay
It already has electric start. the theeth on the flywheel are shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those will be a tough find on their own. Might have better luck finding a whole machine with an intact engine.

The good thing is those engines with a properly cleaned and tuned carb can be "one pull" engines. I own a couple with that exact engine, start right up when using the spring primer choke with 3-4 "half pulls" before giving the rope a full rip. I have an electric start on one of them, hardly ever use it.
Thats plan B. This machine is in too good shape t junk it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts