Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Path Pro Chute Rotation Problem

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  OrangeGeorge 
#1 ·
Hi,

Well, in the first half hour of using my new snowblower, I have managed to rotate the discharge chute too far - and I thought I was being careful when doing so.

So now, the chute will rotate but is pointing rearward - like right at me.

It looks like it must have glided over some internal stop or such.

I have removed the three bolts that attach the chute and handle and can see the inner ring and it rotates. But, I can't rotate the hole pattern so that the chute will point forward.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

The dealer has never had this occur (which surprises me) and Ariens, itself, can not offer any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,

Well, in the first half hour of using my new snowblower, I have managed to rotate the discharge chute too far - and I thought I was being careful when doing so.

So now, the chute will rotate but is pointing rearward - like right at me.

It looks like it must have glided over some internal stop or such.

I have removed the three bolts that attach the chute and handle and can see the inner ring and it rotates. But, I can't rotate the hole pattern so that the chute will point forward.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

The dealer has never had this occur (which surprises me) and Ariens, itself, can not offer any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, can you take a quick photo of your problem?

#6 ·
That's odd. You must have, somehow, rotated the chute beyond the stops.

Dealer is going to be the best option, sorry!

My lady friend lives in Philly, and loves the path pro. She has the remote chute option, and she messed up the cables by getting caught on something and continuing to push it. Dealer fixed it no problem, but had a wait time so she ordered the handle to add on to rotate the chute.

You might try forcing the chute past the stops.

#7 ·
That's odd. You must have, somehow, rotated the chute beyond the stops.

Dealer is going to be the best option, sorry!

My lady friend lives in Philly, and loves the path pro. She has the remote chute option, and she messed up the cables by getting caught on something and continuing to push it. Dealer fixed it no problem, but had a wait time so she ordered the handle to add on to rotate the chute.

You might try forcing the chute past the stops.
Thanks, scrappy. I have tried gently forcing it to no avail. I didn't want to break anything as I could still return this and the dealer will work with me - could be tempted to try the Compact 20.

But, I do like the single stage for light to medium snow and... especially... the clean up tight to the pavement as I have a steep driveway. (And I do have an old Toro 3521 that still does well after about 33 years.)
Thanks, again for your suggestion.

#8 ·
You will have to take off the cowl.

Steps:
1) Remove (3) Plastites holding on chute/cap assembly.
2) Remove (2) Plastites on underside of blower opening.
3) Remove (2) bolts on back sides of housing.
4) There will be a black formed piece of steel that acts as the stop. You will have to remove it to get the chute ring back into the correct orientation.

#10 · (Edited)
I have the same problem. Just bought it. Installed the chute and when tightening the 3 screws, not even bolts, into the chute it over rotated. Now the cable is tweaked and will not wind back up properly. I have it torn apart and the cable is bent so it wont wind up properly.

EDIT:

I just realized thats the model without the remote chute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.