Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had owned an Allis-Chalmers blower for over 30 years. Thought it was time to replace it. I purchased a new Ariens Platinum 30 for the 2017 Wisconsin snow season. The quality of new blowers is far less than i expected. As other reviews noted, my first issue was the design of the light. If you turn the chute to the right, your light is blocked. The cable/spring mechanism to adjust chute angle, and the actual chute turning handle are definitely more clumsy, and prone to sticking than the old worm gear of yester years. Then with less than a dozen days of snow throwing, the welds broke that hold the blower assembly to the motor unit. I have seen other posts mentioning the poor robotic welds. I have include pics of the broken weld, and spot welds on the side that didn't break. I had really expected more from the Ariens name.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where's the pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I had owned an Allis-Chalmers blower for over 30 years. Thought it was time to replace it. I purchased a new Ariens Platinum 30 for the 2017 Wisconsin snow season. The quality of new blowers is far less than i expected. As other reviews noted, my first issue was the design of the light. If you turn the chute to the right, your light is blocked. The cable/spring mechanism to adjust chute angle, and the actual chute turning handle are definitely more clumsy, and prone to sticking than the old worm gear of yester years. Then with less than a dozen days of snow throwing, the welds broke that hold the blower assembly to the motor unit. I have seen other posts mentioning the poor robotic welds. I have include pics of the broken weld, and spot welds on the side that didn't break. I had really expected more from the Ariens name.
Looks like the picture never posted.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF Ziggy

Hopefully the dealer takes care of it with a replacement. When you're paying that kind of money for a name brand it is disappointing. :sad2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts