Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Pro 26 milky gel/grease in oil fill tube

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  fronos4 
#1 ·
I just bought an Ariens Pro 26 two weeks ago. This New England January has been crazy, and this machine was the best investment ever.

I read that I should change the oil at 2 hours use, and another place said 5 hours. I err on the side of caution so today was my first change around 2 hours use. I drained the oil and filled with new oil. I put the dipstick in to check the fill level and pulled it out. This was when I saw a milky white gel or grease type substance along the sides of the oil fill tube. Some of this went into the oil. It feels greasy. Is this something I should totally flush out? It is too late to call the dealer so I am looking to this forum for assistance.

The engine is a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 lb ft torque, 305 cc engine. On a side note this machine is simply amazing! I did a search but couldn't find anything. I also consulted the owner's manual with no luck. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.