Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bolted down the Predator 212cc today and did the 3 hour break-in. When I put the pulley on I used the 2 set screws. My question is this. When I removed the pulley from the old Tecumseh H50 it had two spots on the crankshaft for the set screws to sit into. On the new Predator it does NOT have these two cut-outs for the set screws to sit into. Will these two set screws hold the pulley on for the next 50 years, or should I add a 5/16x24x1 into the crankshaft. I did try adding this to the crankshaft but the belt cover would not fit because of the hex head was in the way! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I put a Predator on an Ariens maybe 4 or 5 years ago ... worked fine ever since, no issues.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I bolted down the Predator 212cc today and did the 3 hour break-in. When I put the pulley on I used the 2 set screws. My question is this. When I removed the pulley from the old Tecumseh H50 it had two spots on the crankshaft for the set screws to sit into. On the new Predator it does NOT have these two cut-outs for the set screws to sit into. Will these two set screws hold the pulley on for the next 50 years, or should I add a 5/16x24x1 into the crankshaft. I did try adding this to the crankshaft but the belt cover would not fit because of the hex head was in the way! Thanks guys!

Torque the set screws down Tight. No Worries.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jackmels!

I think you may have some parts I may need for the chute mod? I need a universal joint and rod, and anything you can suggest to complete the task. I think you had a metal arm for the rod to go thru too? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts