Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a hypothetical question here. If I were to repower my 74' 7hp 24'' Sno Throw with another engine if mine goes south (highly unlikely I'd say!!!) could I go with a bigger engine? If so how big and could the running gear take it? I just got to thinking that if the motor ever went I'd just repower it and add some power to it since I already have a good base! I was thinking a 10hp Tecumseh!

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I saw one with an 11HP Honda. I put an 11HP Greyhound on my 77. There have been quite a few people putting newer Briggs on them and I saw one with a newer Tecumseh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just was curious cause if it does ever decide to give up the ghost I think I want a bit more power but even todays Ariens blowers don't seem to have the same amount of steel in them like mine does! That is why I was thinking I'd just repower if the engine ever fails although it probably won't be that easy!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How big did Ariens get with the horsepower ratings on their Tecumseh motors? Is 12hp the biggest or did they actually have more?

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I have seen some 13s on the larger ones over 30".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts