Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Best ask Scottsman with his encyclopedia of snow blower numbers.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
They stopped about 1980, when they made the switch from the original Orange & White paintscheme to the Orange and Black..the last models with the bucket serial tag were probably 1979.

although..there were buckets sold as separate attachments for the 924000 series all through the 80's, up to 1991. There is no known photographic evidence of a 1980's machine with a bucket tag though..so the bucket number probably wasnt on a tag like it was in the 60's in 70's..

Scot

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They stopped about 1980, when they made the switch from the original Orange & White paintscheme to the Orange and Black..the last models with the bucket serial tag were probably 1979.

although..there were buckets sold as separate attachments for the 924000 series all through the 80's, up to 1991. There is no known photographic evidence of a 1980's machine with a bucket tag though..so the bucket number probably wasnt on a tag like it was in the 60's in 70's..

Scot
Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I suspected privately, as soon as they changed to Black the tags were gone.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I think my 1980s Ariens has a tag on the bucket, but maybe I am mistaken. I have seen a few of them now and the others are 1970s units so I could be wrong. Next time I am out in the shed I will have to take a peek.

Affirmative. ST724 black and orange with separate model and serial numbers for the tractor and blower. The blower tag is not on the side like the older ones, but on the back side sandwiched between the belt cover and the blower assembly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my 1980s Ariens has a tag on the bucket, but maybe I am mistaken. I have seen a few of them now and the others are 1970s units so I could be wrong. Next time I am out in the shed I will have to take a peek.

Affirmative. ST724 black and orange with separate model and serial numbers for the tractor and blower. The blower tag is not on the side like the older ones, but on the back side sandwiched between the belt cover and the blower assembly.
So it wasn't simply the change to black?(maybe your attachment was sold separate).

I have an 85 and there is no tag...I also have an early 80's 504(black orange) that I think has a housing tag but can't check till spring.

It would be great if Ariens chimed in an let us know when and why the attachment serial tag delete began.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts