Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
At first glance, it appears the ends of the auger are striking the sides of the bucket (paint is worn off on the insides of the bucket). Your auger bearings might be worn out or the ends of the auger are simply bent.
Shut off the machine, make sure the auger lever is disengaged, remove the spark plug wire and see what you can determine by manually rotating the augers. Are the ends hitting the bucket and how much play do you have in the auger axle?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I also noticed this model has something called a "rake edge" attached to the sides of the auger (part 19). I presume these are replaceable rubber strips similar to those used on single stage machines. Naturally, check those for wear and alignment and make sure their bolts and nuts are firmly attached.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for you input.

I will take a closer look of the areas that you pointed out.

This is a single stage machine.

Stupid question, if I disengage (release) the auger lever, won't the auger brake activate and not let auger freely rotate?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Thanks for you input.

I will take a closer look of the areas that you pointed out.

Stupid question, if I disengage (release) the auger lever, won't the auger brake activate and not let auger freely rotate?

Thanks.
Yes the auger brake will engage but it won't prevent you from manually turning the augers. The brake's resistance will be much less that the resistance offered by the auger pulley.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It is an auger assist drive machine with a 2 stage discharge operation, NOT a single stage. It is a single speed machine (no transmission), but still a 2- stage. I would pull the belt cover and take hold of the impeller pulley to check for any movement other than spinning on it's center. Also check your impeller (your second stage) for bent blades. With all the wear on the side bucket like Rod330 pointed out the entire auger/impeller "T" assembly appears to be wobbling around. If impeller bearing is shot the entire assembly can wander around especially with the auger rubber edges designed to contact the ground. Does it still have the flex edge on the scraper bar? I've only seen a few of these and every one was missing the flex edge, owners didn't even know they existed. Having no skid shoes and most people not being aware of it's design they typically are literally run into the ground.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

• I rotated the auger by hand, blades are not touching the shell and seems to me to be in good condition.
  • Auger axle / drive axle not significant play. Please watch video.
  • Scrapper blade is completely worn out.
  • I do not see any rake edges. Probably tis model does not have them.

Auger, Axle play, Impellor rotation.

Impellor slightly scratching at 00:51 ?

Drive Belt & pulley

Scrapper Blade IMG_6168.JPG

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts