Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Was wondering if anyone new if a auger assembly from a ST824 would fit on a newer ST 8524? I need to use the auger gear case.
This is my first post!
Thank You!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You should be able to swap the whole assembly, rakes and all without taking it apart to use the gearcase only.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Not enough info to know if it will work or not..

"824" and "8524" isnt enough to go on.
those are just generic terms that mean "8hp and 24" bucket" and "8.5hp and 24" bucket"..
dozens of different models, from different "series", over four decades can be 824's.

the gearbox and augers will probably swap IF the machines are from the same "series" and have the same bucket type..but you could have a 824 from 1973 and another 824 from 2003 that are completely incompatible..so basically, we need more info! ;)

Scot

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Welcome to the forum Snowtraveler.
Once you have your model numbers just use a couple on line parts suppliers web sites to look up the assembly's part number to see if it's the same.

Even if it's not, it might still interchange but that's where you'd need more of a side by side comparison. That and maybe a little backyard engineering :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't think they'll swap. Check the body style. From my digging around I think the 932 is a compact model with a "square" tractor body, meaning the bucket mounts to the machine with 4 lateral bolts. The 924 is full size and the top two brackets/bolts may be on a 45deg. angle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts