Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up at a yard sale this past Saturday.
Well, here 'tis. Runs great. Looks good. Probably flip it in the fall. Ought to go pretty quick after las winter. Everybody probably be lookin' for low priced blowers. That reminds me. How much should I ask? I was thinking $150? Sound good? There is still plenty of meat on the T wear guide. Not a scratch, not one, in the chute. Must have been exclusively on good pavement. Scraper bar has some nicks in it but nothing bad. Has the additional add-on remote chute direction control. Electric starter not working. Gonna remove it if I can't repair it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
A low end MTD single stage 2-cycle normally sells for that price($150) here in Illinois. I would guess $200 as a minimum for that Ariens. It looks to be in excellent cosmetic condition.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a little surprised Grunt. I wandered over to Cl in our area and found three of them. All were $200 +. I Didn't know they were going for that much. Of course though, they're still on there too. I reckon I'll wait till the first threat of snow and ask $225 and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Once the snow starts to fall and demand exceeds supply, that may be a $300 snow blower.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Progress report... Dumped all the old fuel and worked on starter. Just needed a tap and a little lube on the shaft. No spring on the impeller disengage lever so manufactured one from my stock of spare parts. Belt is a little iffy but this thing is in great condition! Scraper bar had just a few nicks and rough spots that I rasped off. The chute is immaculate. Check out the close up pic. After blowing out and wiping down the engine compartment I replaced the cover and gave it a quick bath and and wipe down. Ready for sale. This thing is cherry.

·
Registered
268 Posts
in my neck of the woods i would ask close to 3 bills when snow flies,and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
nice score joe. around here $150 - $250

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
thats a great deal, i paid 20 for an s620 in spring, 2 hours labor and an 8 dollar carb kit later it runs fine

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You stole that thing.... yes, I'm jealous.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, he was only asking $40. Believe it or not I almost didn't grab it. I passed by it twice then I "looked under the dirt" and saw there was some potential. I may even keep it.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting a good buy like that is what puts a smile :D on my face.
Aren't you glad you didn't pass it up !!
Yeh. Only thing is I can't figure hy I passed it in the first place. I didn't really even look it over. Then' I can't believe the guy was only asking $40. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts