Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a basic question concerning my Ariens snow blower, I just purchased an RPM/Hours tach to see where my RPMs are set at. I really don't have the ear for it. I just checked the service manual and it says - Idle RPM @ 1800 - is that with the throttle in the lowest position and warmed up? Follow up question, it also mentions - Governed RPM @ 3600 - is that with the throttle positioned at full speed and warmed up?
Thanks.
Enjoy the Super Bowl - by the way each :30 second commercial is the costing the advertisers 6 million dollars! They better be entertaining for that amount!:surprise:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
i would be interested to know what the hi rpm was set at of all the tecs ive checked ony 1 was at 3600 rpm
most were way low which effects impeller rpm and throw distance big time

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would be interested to know what the hi rpm was set at of all the tecs ive checked ony 1 was at 3600 rpm
most were way low which effects impeller rpm and throw distance big time
Thanks for the reply, 1132le. The Service Manual for all 924 models are 1800 rpms for idle speed and 3600 rpms for governed speed. Impeller rpms are listed @ 1100 rpms across all models. Does hi rpms equal governed rpms?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
yes it does
some models are rated higher then 1100
id guess yours to be around 1040 impeller rpm
myself i like the idle a little higher then 1800 more like 2100 2150

·
Banned
474 Posts
Got a basic question concerning my Ariens snow blower, I just purchased an RPM/Hours tach to see where my RPMs are set at. I really don't have the ear for it. I just checked the service manual and it says - Idle RPM @ 1800 - is that with the throttle in the lowest position and warmed up? Follow up question, it also mentions - Governed RPM @ 3600 - is that with the throttle positioned at full speed and warmed up?:surprise:
So what RPM is your machine currently running according to the tach?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what RPM is your machine currently running according to the tach?
Not quite sure yet. I just got the tach yesterday and just haven't been able to put it on yet. Its Super Bowl Sunday and I'm baby sitting 2 dogs. Just took them for a nice walk and made the beer run. I know it won't take long to put it on but I have a 6 month Lab/Pit mix puppy and my son's purebred Pit bull. My wife is working so I have to keep an eye on these guys!!!:nerd:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts