Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
father in law gave us his snow blower and it won't start. Its way to big for us to use and store. So since it does not start what should we sell it for or will to just give it away. Thanks
Janet

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
It depends on the model number which will tell us more to the year it was made and odds are it just needs the carb cleaned, If running and in decent shape I would say $200-$300 but will be hard to sell before fall as nobody wants to buy one for summer time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome from Gettysburg address

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
That’s a 924 series, looking at the parts diagram it came with a differential or without, if it has it that’s one of the favorite series as I have a larger 924 series myself, but even without that option that is a solid good quality machine. If in decent shape I would clean the carb and ask $250 minimum

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Prices vary from where in the country you are, in season/out of season, and Spring/Summer, Snow Pending, Snow On the Ground, and How Much.

Running, $150-$400 with $250-$300 being reasonable; Not running $50-$150.

If you want to fix it yourself, spray some starting fluid in the carb, if it starts, gas problem, then replace the carb, simple smelly job, $15, put fresh gas in with 1/2 oz fuel stabilizer.

The 7hp Ariens is my preferred engine & machine for 5hp-7hp, then it goes larger.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The 924's are a good machine, I have 2 of them … I received mine for free, and put a new carb on one, new XTrac tires on both (replacing the lawn turf tires), and cleaned the carb on the second one, as well as a new friction disc.

In this area, you can usually get them for free, if you look around. Our landfill recycle gets them all the time.

I suppose you might get 50 - 75 for a machine that is not running and needs work, if you find a person willing to repair it. Most people don't want to work on them … just us people here in this forum , .. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts