Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 10hp snow king tecumseh single shaft to put on my st824 924050

I only need new drive belt and a bigger auger pulley likely a 3 1/4 or 3.5'' od .

It will be a cool project to make my machine hopefully throw a bit further and eat up snow banks faster. i will post pictures..
Camouflage Light Product Military camouflage Sleeve

New engine
Snow Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The machine that i had restored 3 years ago

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i hate to be a bit of a downer and hope it works good for you but that personally wouldn't have been a engine that i would have considered for a swap. if it works it will likely be fine but my biggest concern would be parts availability if you ever need them since that style engine was only built for a few years before they were discontinued. i would have probably shopped for a newer style engine like a powermore or some sort of honda knock off that parts are more readily available for.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Everything depends on price, immediacy, and necessity

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hate to be a bit of a downer and hope it works good for you but that personally wouldn't have been a engine that i would have considered for a swap. if it works it will likely be fine but my biggest concern would be parts availability if you ever need them since that style engine was only built for a few years before they were discontinued. i would have probably shopped for a newer style engine like a powermore or some sort of honda knock off that parts are more readily available for.
i get the point but at the same time these engines are so cheap if anything top end breaks i doubt it will be worth fixing.
and i have a few parts still.

i would have definitely liked too put a gx390 on it but that is too expensive for now

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
so going from 8hp to 12hp, going from L-head to OHV. Should be quite the upgrade, more powerful, smoother and quieter.

Reactions: Julien Morrissette

·
Registered
360 Posts
Julian, If you do want to go bigger sheave you may need more belt cover clearance. On some of the 924 series they used belt cover risers (you may need if your crank is higher on this 12hp OHV). Just FYI look up 924092 to see parts numbers, but you can make them (15 and 17 here)

Automotive exterior Font Line Triangle Parallel

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Julian, If you do want to go bigger sheave you may need more belt cover clearance. On some of the 924 series they used belt cover risers (you may need if your crank is higher on this 12hp OHV). Just FYI look up 924092 to see parts numbers, but you can make them (15 and 17 here)

View attachment 180783
wow i didn't know that. Than you i will probably make them myself !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts