Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ariens Tecumseh was running rough on low idle so I took out the main jet and cleaned it with wire and carb cleaner. Ran perfect after that.

Two weeks later I start it up to use for a small storm and it's back to running rough on low idle. Could it really have gotten clogged up again that fast? I was using fresh Mobil Super gas treated with SeaFoam.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
theirs also a little screw, under a cap on the side of the carb. remove that and clean the holes in it. Theirs a very tiny hole at the tip, thru the center. take a stab at cleaning it. Otherwise, time for a complete rebuild. I usually do the fuel lines also. Ethanol likes to dry rubber out.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum demoralizer. Does your carb have adjustable main and idle jets, or is it an emissions carb which is not adjustable?? If an emission carb, Motor City is correct about the idle jet hidden under a black plastic cap on the side of the carb. If an adjustable carb, you may have dirt in the gas tank or a deteriorating fuel line causing the issue. An inline gas filter would help to prevent future problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts