Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using my old Ariens 1028LE through the last storm Wednesday. Half way through cleanup I ran into the dreaded, worst case scenario the elongated hole in the cheap tractor body steel from a worn shaft. Having no way to do the welding repair.... I used a wood screw jammed in the hole:wink2:
worked for the next hour so I could finish.
Next I found this forum for fix it ideas...
Lucky for me my wife just told me to order an Ariens Pro 28 and stop wasting my time babying the 12+ year old machine. It is being delivered Monday. That of course means the next Northeaster is no longer coming to New England next Wednesday:grin:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
And now your old machine can go to someone who has the equipment to repair it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was using my old Ariens 1028LE through the last storm Wednesday. Half way through cleanup I ran into the dreaded, worst case scenario the elongated hole in the cheap tractor body steel from a worn shaft. Having no way to do the welding repair.... I used a wood screw jammed in the hole:wink2:
worked for the next hour so I could finish.
Next I found this forum for fix it ideas...
Lucky for me my wife just told me to order an Ariens Pro 28 and stop wasting my time babying the 12+ year old machine. It is being delivered Monday. That of course means the next Northeaster is no longer coming to New England next Wednesday:grin:
Fix it! Now you have a nice backup. Most everyone here needs/has a good backup!!!:wink2:

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
:welcome: to SBF Loonphotog

Does she have a sister ?? I'd just be happy if my GF didn't notice when there is another project in the trailer.

Are you keeping the 1028LE or sending it on to it's next lucky owner ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:welcome: to SBF Loonphotog

Does she have a sister ?? I'd just be happy if my GF didn't notice when there is another project in the trailer.

Are you keeping the 1028LE or sending it on to it's next lucky owner ??

A relative wants try to play with it this weekend. His driveway is short and paved. Mine is 150+ X 15 feet of gravel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts