Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a member for a couple of years but this is my first post. I have a John Deere 826D that I've used for the past 15 years and it's time for something that can move more snow faster, along with easy turning. My driveway is asphalt about 150'x 20' with room to park 4 cars at the end and a gravel apron about 600 sq.ft. I am interested in the Ariens 28" Hydro Pro (926068) with EFI. I like everything I've read about it except the fuel tank capacity. The Ariens manual indicates .5 gallons. I guess that's OK if the fuel efficiency is really good and I don't have to refill every 45 minutes. We've had dumps of 16" overnight on occasion. I am hoping that someone on the forum owns this model and could tell me how much run time they get or anyone who knows more about the EFI models. Thanks, SW.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I personally own the 28" hydro efi, 2018 model. I used it from the beginning of january through march here in connecticut. The fuel tank is certainly small for the job however I can knock out 2 driveways at WOT that are approximately 20x80 without running out of fuel.

I've enjoyed owning the machine over the 2017 Platinum efi that I had strictly because hydro is a pleasure to use compared to a disc setup. If I wasn't moving and going for a front mount on my tractor I'd be keeping mine for the next 20 years. It's not realistic to keep it for a 600' driveway plus parking spots.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally own the 28" hydro efi, 2018 model. I used it from the beginning of january through march here in connecticut. The fuel tank is certainly small for the job however I can knock out 2 driveways at WOT that are approximately 20x80 without running out of fuel.

I've enjoyed owning the machine over the 2017 Platinum efi that I had strictly because hydro is a pleasure to use compared to a disc setup. If I wasn't moving and going for a front mount on my tractor I'd be keeping mine for the next 20 years. It's not realistic to keep it for a 600' driveway plus parking spots.
That's what I've been looking for, some real life experience with the 28" Hydro. I've decided I will get one with a Hydro, just haven't made the final decision yet. That is a really nice JD tractor you have, that will be fun blowing snow and you can put some coffee in the cup holder.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's what I've been looking for, some real life experience with the 28" Hydro. I've decided I will get one with a Hydro, just haven't made the final decision yet. That is a really nice JD tractor you have, that will be fun blowing snow and you can put some coffee in the cup holder.

It’s an incredible machine and I’ve considered keeping it since it’s so new and is ideal for tossing in the bed of my truck and running to a family members. Did that every storm and she was fine. I barely worked her on my smaller driveway and never got to do any long passes with her.

I’m presently trying to sell it locally. If I can’t find anyone this season to pick it up I might hold off and just do the whole sale/purchase thing in 2019. Maybe if I’m a sweet talker and take my licks this year with the Ariens, I can get the nod of approval on a 2038R with that 59” blower and TLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts