Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 year old Ariens 13hp. I had a phone book jammed in chute stopped it dead! Since then, Drive belt comes off now and then. Could belt be stretched seems odd if it could? I see pully not lined up with idler but is when engaed. Comes off when I let go of drive system as I see it is angled? Need help???? Is there a distance pully should be away from other pully idler?

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Might want to check the mounting bolts between the auger housing and the transmission housing to make sure they are tight and you didn't break a weld on a mounting tab.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have a 5 year old Ariens 13hp. I had a phone book jammed in chute stopped it dead! Since then, Drive belt comes off now and then. Could belt be stretched seems odd if it could? I see pully not lined up with idler but is when engaed. Comes off when I let go of drive system as I see it is angled? Need help???? Is there a distance pully should be away from other pully idler?
Do you have the belt keeper adjusted to about 1/32" from the belt and is it nice and tight?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Check the pulley! I have an old machine used for one of our buildings and the pulley somehow got bent causing it to wobble and of course, tossing the belt off frequently until we used a pry bar to straighten it. Did not get it back to new condition but at least the belt stays on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts