Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I own a Toro 1028 PowerMax. I use it on my driveway which is paved, no cracks. And sometimes on the street to clear the mailbox. These look interesting, what would i gain by using them? Anything? Or just stick with the stock shoes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Myself, I have converted to Poly Skids for any of my machines skids that need replacements.Might be psychological, but I feel the move around better, and I do not see the periodical rust mark from the steel skids anymore.

I did however just order a set of poly skids with the wheel in the center to try ... at only 20.00 for the pair, I felt I had to try them. I also have a drawer of small plastic wheels to replace the wheel in them if I ever need to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Myself, I have converted to Poly Skids for any of my machines skids that need replacements.Might be psychological, but I feel the move around better, and I do not see the periodical rust mark from the steel skids anymore.

I did however just order a set of poly skids with the wheel in the center to try ... at only 20.00 for the pair, I felt I had to try them. I also have a drawer of small plastic wheels to replace the wheel in them if I ever need to.
What brand? I had forgotten those. Maybe in my use they would work better then a regular steel skid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had Armor skids on my Toro 1128 since 2014 and would not be without as I do 3 yards as well as my own and 2 yards I do dogie trails work excellent on grass.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have the same ones on my Toro 824. They move smoothly and never get caught on any cracks. As said, they don't leave rust marks on the concrete.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've ran AS. For me, they are just way too big.....and this was with the -Gen 2- with the narrow feet in the front.
Went to UHMW and never looked back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mounting it towards the back should actually protect the scraper more. The center of the skid is under the scraper. The front starts where the stock skids would start. I moved it to see if it would reduce the front lift that may occur by putting the skid out too far in front of the bucket. I’ll find out...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts