Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They work great. removed my plastic stockers and installed the new skids.
Allowed the blower to cut thru the snow and get a better scrape closer to the ground, Love them.
Great service as they were shipped immediately. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks great! I just installed mine today as well. I'm hoping that they will make a big difference in the blizzard that's on its way this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I ordered mine sunday and they were in the mail box yesterday, too cold to install them though. I have them on all my two stage machines and know that armor skids would work great for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
I order them through HD, no shipping, had them sent to a Delaware store and no tax.....until I "claim" them on my state tax return. Have not installed yet, working too much, but they look very well made.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a pair that arrived yesterday too. Gonna install them today. Maybe they'll tame the auto-turn on my Ariens.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put them on my TB 2410 and they work great on my steep hill, rutty, gravel drive. I also put on tire chains and with the steep hill they really help.

Whimsey

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rosco, when you say "plastic stockers", do you mean the poly skids from Ariens? I'm curious as I have the poly skids and the Armor skids but have not tried the Armor skids yet.

thanks.
Your probably right they are poly or some sort of material close to that.
They came off my Simplicity not a Ariens.
Here they are for a look see.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad you guys had good luck with them.

I contacted them to see if they had a set for a Honda 724WA in April of last year and never heard back from anyone.

I guess I will stick with the factory's for now.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Rosco, OK, got it. Thanks. They're probably a similar material compared to the Ariens part.

So, you feel the Armor skids are working better for you?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skids

Rosco, OK, got it. Thanks. They're probably a similar material compared to the Ariens part.

So, you feel the Armor skids are working better for you?
better in that they cut through the snow instead of going over it. It seems
to give a closer shave with the same scraper height. And it seems to be easier keeping a straighter line.
Maybe all in my head ?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
better in that they cut through the snow instead of going over it. It seems
to give a closer shave with the same scraper height. And it seems to be easier keeping a straighter line.

Maybe all in my head ?
No, probably not. I do find the poly skids skate above while the metal skids do tend to dig in and cut through, which I also prefer. However, I do need the poly skids fitted if doing the deck. They're very gentle in that application.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was in Peabody this past week for work. Stayed at my favorite location - the newish Springhill Suites. Favorite cause it's just down the road from Seawitch so I can get my lobster fix.

Next day had lobster omlette at Bickfords. :D

Good luck with the storm.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Glad you guys had good luck with them.

I contacted them to see if they had a set for a Honda 724WA in April of last year and never heard back from anyone.

I guess I will stick with the factory's for now.
you could measure the distance between the mounting bolt holes and order armor skids that way and there is a chart on the website that lists machines, yours might be on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts