Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately these have the same problem as the Ariens OEM which is eventual threading. I was specifically looking for stainless 6m with the nut tac welded on. Probably doesn’t exist for a decent price, so I’ll have to just put some anti sieze on the black ones. I do appreciate the looking though Tabora…thanks!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Unfortunately these have the same problem as the Ariens OEM which is eventual threading. I was specifically looking for stainless 6m with the nut tac welded on. Probably doesn’t exist for a decent price, so I’ll have to just put some anti sieze on the black ones. I do appreciate the looking though Tabora…thanks!
Actually, those stainless ones have real threads formed in them just like the welded nut ones... They are not your typical speed-clips; I've used them on motorcycles for years and don't recollect ever having one fail or strip out.

Reactions: Davejb

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually, those stainless ones have real threads formed in them just like the welded nut ones... They are not your typical speed-clips; I've used them on motorcycles for years and don't recollect ever having one fail or strip out.
Thanks for the insight on use of the clips. I’m guessing they must be harder that the black ones, and that makes them hold up better? I’l have to give it some thought. Wonder why Ariens wouldn’t use something like this if it would improve access to a serviceable area?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the insight on use of the clips. I’m guessing they must be harder that the black ones, and that makes them hold up better? I’l have to give it some thought. Wonder why Ariens wouldn’t use something like this if it would improve access to a serviceable area?
My issue wasn't that the threads were bad, they were fine. The problem was that the threads were not at a 90 degree angle to the bolt as I tried to thread it in so it wouldn't catch. Some strategic bending got it sorted for now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts