Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a Paulson Pro PR240... 208cc 24” Snow Blower... the Auger Belt broke today after 3 seasons... I replaced the belt with no trouble... put the snow blower back together and started it up to test it before I put the cover back on. Upon starting up, the new belt immediately got a black line on it and was smoking like it wanted to start on fire... when I pulled the handle to engage the auger it worked fine and the smoking stopped... when I released the handle the belt started burning again... can’t figure it out.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Open it up and make sure it is not around a belt guard under the main pulley. Check out the routing of the belt from the top to make sure it is correct, then flip up into the service position and remove the bottom plate and do the same.....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
did you loosen the adjustment any before you put the new belt on? i would maybe guess it was adjusted enough to barely burn the belt but not quite enough for it to engage. i recently put a new belt on my machine also and had to loosen the adjustment quite a bit to make the tension on the auger belt just right. in a year or so from now when the belt has stretched i may need to adjust it again but should be good till then.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
What length belt does the original specs call for, Measure the old belt, Measure the new belt, Compare, maybe the replacement belt is too short and not releasing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts