Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post here and am a new memberas of today 9-21-2010. My 2 year old "White" Snow King 8.5 HP ate a vine last winter and pulled one side of the auger out of the frame. The auger belt was chewed up pretty bad. I reseated the auger into the side. It looks fine. A new belt is too loose for some reason. I have two new belts that are the same size as the original belt but there is at least 3/4 inch of play. When the handle is depressed the tension is correct. I can adjust the cable only so much by loosening two bolts and tightening the cable. Still too much play. I don't want to start cutting and shortening the cable as I don't see anything wrong.
Any ideas. Any help would be appreciated!
White -Tecumseh 8.5 HP Snow King Engine LH318SA
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am a new member here also. I have been selling MTD snowblowers for a little over 10 years. Did you install the belt correctly? I have heard the problem you are dicribing many times. It is almost always the belt is installed wrong. Check your manual to see if you have the belt on the right side of the guides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
id double check just to be sure everything was installed correctly. if everything was installed fine then something might have bent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions on my too loose belt.
I have checked the proper install from the manual. It's on correctly.
I'm hoping something is not bent as that will mean $$$.
I will be checking on it again looking at the pulley to see if came out of position. (and the belt configuration again).
Thanks again!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully nothing is bent. That will cost a good amount of money to fix. I'm thinking one of the bolts might be broken or came loose. If that's the case then it shouldn't cost too much to replace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions on my too loose belt.
I have checked the proper install from the manual. It's on correctly.
I'm hoping something is not bent as that will mean $$$.
I will be checking on it again looking at the pulley to see if came out of position. (and the belt configuration again).
Thanks again!

look in the book to see if there is a spring in there sounds like a tension problem to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts