Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my aluminum gearcase on the 1978 924040 (large wheel no diff. 24 bucket) finally let go today. So I ordered the cast iron shooting match for $200, I guess you have to pay to play. :eek: Owned the machine since new, and except for bearings and tires this is the only expense.

So the impeller had to be pressed off by a machine shop. Now I'm ready to put it back together. Any tips? Should I lube the axles or squirt them full after assembly? Must be some tricks to make this whole thing easier.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Glad to hear. That looks great in there. Should be good to go for another 40 years now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you have to put it in something like a shoppress to remove the impeller from the shaft? How did you get it to come off? Thank You.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Either a torch, or quite a bit of PB Blaster and a BFH, or a pipe as a sleeve on the shaft and the same BFH. (Big Freaking Hammer).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes repair clinic for 189 was the source of the assembly. I paid 40 top have a shop heat and press off the impeller after the pins were pulled. Went together very easily. I might have been able to pull the impeller with a gear puller but I had time bc I had to wait for the parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts