Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auger Lock on ST300 - Yay or Nay

ST324P

Auger won't lock when both handles are depressed.
I can't recall if it worked when I did the initial test when I assembled it..

Anyone one the answer to where to eyeball....I presume it's some interlocking rod between the 2 levers ?

Just walked back in. Brewing in some tea and dethawing for a bit.
Going to get some wrench time in a bit. Need to lower my skids as well and I'll have to check to see if the scraper bar is fixed or not. It's leaving too much snow on the flats.

The sales brochure and manual seems to suggest that there is a Auger Lock.
The hardware/parts list seems to suggest it's part of it.
The hardware on my unit seems to have everything on it (per the parts breakdown)
Just can't make heads or tails on what is amiss.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
With the engine off, press right lever down and while looking at it press drive and there is a rod with a latch or hook that holds Auger lever down. could be a pin was not installed correct at factory. Should be a simple fix as it is all under the dash right at waist level.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Could be a simple adjustment issue my neighbour has his shed locked so I can not get a picture of how his is working. give me 15 minutes or so.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Well from the way I see Husky has a better inter lock than my Toro. First picture is of left side the drive lever and cable hook up.

This is of the Auger lever depressed in lock position.

This is Auger lever not depressed.

Hope this helps you a bit. There is a bit of adjustment on left side on drive lever side.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hank -

Super thanks for the super fast turnaround.
I've decided to play daddy time time with my 2 yr old.
Do plan to give it another go tonight before just to catch as much as before the freeze-over.

Thx much

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nada.

I'm going to have to look at the parts breakdown to see IF it's included. Auger side hardware seems to suggest it. Either I'm missing it or the ST300 has omitted it ?

I'll post pics later. Just came in from 3 hrs of blowing...grabbing some soup/ 'wich and back out to attack the EOD. Sun's out and that stuff is getting heavy.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1st Pic. Drive Side Lever
2nd Pic. Auger Lever
3rd Pic. Auger Lever held Down

As you can see, there is the interlock rod that runs betwenen the Drive Lever - Auger Lever. There also appears to be a ~catch~ bracket affixed onto the Auger Lever
I don't see any other hardware though the get's moved when I depress the Driver Lever that would latch onto the Auger catch bracket.

For all ya'll 300 series owners out there, if you have any insight, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If I get a chance I will wipe on down to my dealer and see if he still a 300 left and see what it has for you.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
MD,
I looked at your IPL seems it's just like mine. On page 9 of the IPL there's a flat bar looking part they call an interlock spring. The part # is 532 41 62-88. That is the part that catches the interlock bracket. When the traction lever is pressed that spring raises up to meet and catch the interlock bracket. Do you have that part on your machine?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a id1ot. The IPL I was looking at, had the interlocking rod, bracket, etc. I did not scroll down further. About 3 pages down, it had MORE parts for the interlock.

Mind taking a pic of how the interlocking spring *flat stock with the nut*, sits on the cam roller. I don't see how it sits/affixes, but I'm sure it will figure itself out once I have the part in hand.

Called Husky They are sending me missing parts.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Great at least they are sending you parts, I think Husky has a great system there at least from what I have seen it should be more trouble free than my own machine.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Interlock picture

Here you go. The left arrow points to the attaching screw. The right arrow points to where the front tip of the "interlock spring" is when installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx Zavie. I have at least a reference point now....
I was eyeballing the cam roller from the get go, and it boiled down to me not scrolling down the pages on the IPL list.

I did not look at my unit right now, but here's hoping it's a simple *fitment*, and not a full teardown to get to where I need to properly affix it.

Time is something I just don't have these days, with my little ones in the mix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there. I bought Husky ST324p last September had my first snowstorm to try it out last week. One minute into plowing and the Auger Lock snapped and will not lock anymore. It was very frustrating to work the hydro on the deep snow while keeping both hands on the grips. I've spent quite some time trying to see how the interlock mechanism works - but it is not apparent if anything is broken or missing. Looking at the parts manual there is something called a torsion spring that does not seem to be anywhere to be found. It seems like I found the right forum and guess I'm not alone with this problem. It looks a very bad design for it to have it fail almost immediately. Also it does not seem to be an easy fix - can somebody show what the spring looks like when mounted? I will contact Husqvarna support to if they can send me the required part(s).

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Looks like you're missing the interlocking spring just like me.

Without the parts in hand and guesstimating *maybe Zavie can shed some light*, but is the interlocking spring held on strictly by tension under the cam roller ?

Tinkerguy - Just curious. DID YOU actually have the Auger Lock working at some point ?
If so, then we all collectively might need to figure out maybe a ~fix~ :icon_whistling: as possibly the OEM design is not the up to snuff

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks like you're missing the interlocking spring just like me.

Without the parts in hand and guesstimating *maybe Zavie can shed some light*, but is the interlocking spring held on strictly by tension under the cam roller ?
Yes, that and the screw on the back end of the interlock spring. You can just make out the head of the screw in my picture. If I enlarge the IPL there may be a post or something else coming from the metal dash plate. The interlock spring seems to have 2 holes in it close together, but just 1 screw shown. So there may be something in that plate to lock it in also. I just had my shroud apart to put in different springs for the chute rotator control on the dash. Here is another picture, wish I'd taken more of the dash. The spring is way off to the left. FWIW the shroud removal is quick and easy so at least you've got that going for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm a id1ot. The IPL I was looking at, had the interlocking rod, bracket, etc. I did not scroll down further. About 3 pages down, it had MORE parts for the interlock.

Mind taking a pic of how the interlocking spring *flat stock with the nut*, sits on the cam roller. I don't see how it sits/affixes, but I'm sure it will figure itself out once I have the part in hand.

Called Husky They are sending me missing parts.
Have you received your parts yet and how is it working for you????

1 - 20 of 53 Posts