Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I’m new to the forum and am hoping that someone out there is familiar with the two-stage Cub Cadet 930 SWE snow blower. I bought it used over the summer and all four shear pins were missing; only two of the shear pin holes are lining up. I think I’ll have to remove the augers from the drive shaft to get a good look at what’s going on.

Does the entire auger/gearcase/axle/impeller assembly need to be removed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nick

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I would line up the ones you can find, first. The other ones you don't see, are either plugged up and or just not there. I would investigate further, before tearing the machine half apart. You may want to look on the parts exploded view tio see if in fact it requires the quantity of bolts you think it should have.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Some pictures I looked up online quick looks like the standard MTD design.

Yes, removal of the augers requires the front bucket to be removed, then the rear pulley removed from the bucket and the auger side support bearings to be removed. Then the whole assembly should slide out the front.

That style of auger has 2-3 pieces per side and each piece has a separate shear pin. I do agree that maybe lining up the ones you can see will help you find the others. Sometimes when they break they twist slightly and the center part of the pin gets wedged in the hole and needs to be hammered out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I called the Cub Cadet toll free support number and they confirmed that there should be four shear pins.

Sounds like quite a job to remove the augers so I'm going to try my best to avoid having to do that.

I'll spend some more time on it this weekend and let you know if I make any progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts