Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a new-to-me husqvarna 1130sb-ls. There was a little bit of up and down play on one side of the auger shaft so I ended up replacing both side bearings. However there is still the same amount of play. I was wondering if this is normal? My old blower had bushings so the auger shaft sat tight in the bushing and has a lot less play. There is a decent amount of space between the auger shaft and the plastic bearing retainer on the inside but i wasn't sure if this was normal since it has a bearing and not a bushing. Here's a picture of my manual, the bearing that comes in front outside the auger housing is what I replaced. And a picture of the inside of the housing that you can see the bearing retainer/auger shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just wasn't sure if that was supposed to be tight against the shaft since its not a bushing or if it was only there to hold the bearing still. Going by the picture of the new part it doesn't look like there's a lot of material on the edges where the shaft would go anyways. Probably about the same as the part thats on there now, but I have no way of measuring it for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
is the retainer just there to receive the screw threads? If so, then the ID of its opening is not a bearing surface, right? How does the auger mate to the bearing itself? it looks like the auger shaft mates up to the flat on the bearings, is that right? Could the auger shaft be worn?

tx

Reactions: eyebolt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the retainer just there to receive the screw threads? If so, then the ID of its opening is not a bearing surface, right? How does the auger mate to the bearing itself? it looks like the auger shaft mates up to the flat on the bearings, is that right? Could the auger shaft be worn?

tx
Yeah I think its just to hold the bearing. I just can't figure out what else to do because there's no play towards the middle of the shaft by the gearbox, just the ends where it connects to the housing. Unless it's like that from the factory, there's not a massive amount of play but I figured there wouldn't be any which is why I replaced the bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts