Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
snow continuously. When I start off it throws the snow but then it stops (stops as I am holding lever down also) so I keep going then stop at some point and hold lever down and then it will blow rest out. My husband said he adjusted the screw at some point but worked fine but now it does this. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
First thing I would check is the shear pins in the auger and make sure both are there. Secondly I would replace the belt. A worn belt will do this. But this all depends on what you have for a snowblower since the make & model were not stated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your snowblower is 5 years old. Not knowing what state you are from, most likely time for a new belt. The belt wears on the sides and gets thinner and slides further down into the pullies. Now it no longer has the "grip" that it did when new. Also, get the original Husqvarna belt. They work better and last longer then a belt you get at the auto parts store.

·
Registered
27 Posts
snow continuously. When I start off it throws the snow but then it stops (stops as I am holding lever down also) so I keep going then stop at some point and hold lever down and then it will blow rest out. My husband said he adjusted the screw at some point but worked fine but now it does this. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I know this is an older post, but what screw would her husband adjust to affect the auger and impeller from rotating?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts