Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Deere LX277 tractor with the single stage snowthrower, and I have just encountered the idea of putting a rubber extender on the edge of the auger impeller. I know this is usually done with 2 stage machines, but I am wondering if anyone has tried it on a heavy duty single stage auger impeller like mine? The principle seems to be the same, and I wonder if it would improve my thrower's performance any? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have a Deere LX277 tractor with the single stage snowthrower, and I have just encountered the idea of putting a rubber extender on the edge of the auger impeller. I know this is usually done with 2 stage machines, but I am wondering if anyone has tried it on a heavy duty single stage auger impeller like mine? The principle seems to be the same, and I wonder if it would improve my thrower's performance any? Thanks for your help.
Anything you could add to those SS Snow Throwers would help but did you measure the gap on it?

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
The web site for the Clarence kit actually says you can do just that. I agree it can only help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts