Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone explain the auto turn system EVERYTIME I’m ready to pull the trigger I read more on this site and have to rethink my purchase went from absolute cub cate 30 to troybuilt toro or Ariens now need to know what auto turn is as they talk about suto steering now auto turn and I need to buy soon before they’re all sold out of every type lol

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I am a big fan of Auto turn on my Ariens Deluxe 28 SHO, it has worked flawlessly for me over the past 3 years. I would describe the operation similar to using a wheel barrow, you steer the machine in the direction you wish to go. I had trigger steering on a previous machine and much prefer the Auto turn steering.

There were some issues when it was launched about 8 years ago, but these issues were corrected by a design change on the machine around 2015.

Use the search feature on the forum to read up on Auto turn, but any comments before 2016 are probably referencing the original design before they corrected the issues.

I think Toro now uses a similar auto steer on their machines.

I would suggest going to a dealer and get hands on the machines, trying out the maneuverability of each brand you are thinking about purchasing and ask them any questions you have.

Short video on Auto Turn:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a big fan of Auto turn on my Ariens Deluxe 28 SHO, it has worked flawlessly for me over the past 3 years. I would describe the operation similar to using a wheel barrow, you steer the machine in the direction you wish to go. I had trigger steering on a previous machine and much prefer the Auto turn steering.

There were some issues when it was launched about 8 years ago, but these issues were corrected by a design change on the machine around 2015.

Use the search feature on the forum to read up on Auto turn, but any comments before 2016 are probably referencing the original design before they corrected the issues.

I think Toro now uses a similar auto steer on their machines.

I would suggest going to a dealer and get hands on the machines, trying out the maneuverability of each brand you are thinking about purchasing and ask them any questions you have.

Short video on Auto Turn:

THANKS YOUANYONY OTHER BLOWERS HAVE ANYTHING LIKE IT?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a 2015 Deluxe 28 and even though it is considered the "old" design, I like it very much. If you follow the guidelines regarding tire pressure, alignment and use the polymer shoes vs. the steel ones, you will be very pleased with the performance. Secondly, while it does have a ChiCom engine, it is made in the USA and that means that working stiffs like us are employed actually making stuff here. HTH.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I love the slip differential on the older Ariens as well as the older JD I have , turn on a dime..... I also have the zero turn finger tab on the newer Cub Cadet I picked up this year with works fantastic, can't wait to use it in the snow.

side note ..... All my blowers have poly skids, with the majority having the Arnold Poly Roller Skids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Ariens has the auto turn feature. It's a great feature and makes it real easy to turn without damaging loose surface beneath the snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts