Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the platinum sho 24 and I have a circular driveway, will the auto-turn work with this or will it keep trying to make me go straight? I have a 8524 DLE Classic from around 2004 that works well with the circle, but I'm not sure if the auto-turn will. Can't see anything on the forums about this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The only way you will definitely know is run it on the black top now and assume it will have less resistance on snow pack if you leave a skim of snow on the driveway.

Tracked skid steers and bulldozers operate in the same manner, the only difference is the hydraulic motors and differentials are either stopped or slowed down when committing to a turn. So until you run it you will not know how it reacts.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have auto turn and when doing slight turns it turns like butter you wont even feel it
It just works
curved will be easier then straight
square the bucket
adjust the scrappr
put on ploy skids

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think you will like the auto turn. If your driveway is smooth with no ruts you will really like it.
I've found if your are running behind the blower then hit a rut, it will send you in another direction. But if you walk behind it, it works nice.

If you have an issue with it the answer is plastic skids or wheels up front. This mod makes a world of a difference. My 30" & 36" buckets are heavy as I added weight to them and I have wheels up front. I love the auto turn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies. Can't wait to get it. I pick it up in a week. Its from a dealer so they are assembling it, and dont see snow coming any time soon in new england

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
By the way, my dealer called and said he was delaying my purchase because Ariens was having a free 5 year extended warranty starting august 6th. Apparently that is true, so not sure if that makes a difference to others.

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/promotions
Nice of the dealer to do that, you won’t need it in this heat so delaying so you get the extra warrentee is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts