Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends -- I have a Ariens 924039 that needs new axle bearings. I order a set based upon what I thought I saw on the Ariens manual (05417700) but the ID is too big. I actually need an ID of 1 inch, with about 1 3/4 OD. I'm sure this is a pretty standard size....anyone got a part number that fits these dimensions?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I always measure the old ones to make sure of what I am ordering. You can get a cheap caliper anywhere.

In some schematics, it will show a couple variants for the same area, depending on and according to different serial, year or model numbers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks oneacer...Yep, I should have taken the old bearings out first....my bad. But I'm guessing a standardized bearing of 1 ID x 1 3/4 OD will work....that's what came off the machine.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Yeah, many older Ariens were also retrofitted by their owners .... always good to measure twice, and order once ... :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone got any ideas on a part number for these bearings? Looks like 1 inch ID x 1 3/4 OD. I might need to take them to NAPA to see if they have a match if no one has a suggestion of a different part number.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
If its a regular bearing, I just go down to my local bearing distributor with it.

Mic it first helps ....

The brass bushing type can be had cheap online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts