Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we would get some good snow for Christmas so I could play with my snowmaster, but Mother Nature just keeps teasing me with one inch at a time...now they're calling for another inch sometime between tonight and tomorrow!!!

Am I the only one that actually looks forward to a good snowfall, and enjoys being outside cleaning it??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since this is my first year with a snowblower, I'm also looking forward to lots of snow. We are actually getting a bit today. Suppose to be about 4"-6".

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I'm torn. I like the look of a beautiful blanket of snow and the fun of getting out cutting a path in it but then again it's nice to not have to cut that path at times too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think there are several of us in Northern Virginia that just got new snowblowers this year and I think we all are hoping for enough to initiate them before winter is over.

Right now that doesn't look to hopeful as the long range forecast is only showing rain and the possibilities of some freezing rain and icy conditions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are only 2 days in the next 14 day forecast where they are calling for accumulative snow...and only 1-2" each time....blah!!!!

I've had a snowblower for the last 10 years or so, but this is my first year with my brand new snowmaster, and I've only been able to play 3 times with it so far. My last snowblower was a MTD 22" 5hp, so you can all imagine why I'm exited about this one:facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thought we would get some good snow for Christmas so I could play with my snowmaster, but Mother Nature just keeps teasing me with one inch at a time...now they're calling for another inch sometime between tonight and tomorrow!!!

Am I the only one that actually looks forward to a good snowfall, and enjoys being outside cleaning it??
At least your getting some snow. We are getting heavy rain tomorrow. I'm on my 33yr of plowing snow and there is nothing more exciting than driving around in a white out. When I am done, I look forward to taking out my 69 and doing all my walks and path for the lab. The last storm I even got to take out the power king and did my drive way with that in stead of plowing it. That was real cool since the last time that blower worked on that tractor was in the 80's

·
Registered
81 Posts
My blower is broke, so I am holding off wanting snow until it is repaired. But, when I first got my Honda, could not wait for the snow.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
they say we are getting rain in a day or two so enjoy your one inch of snow

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
If I never have to move another snowflake I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If I never have to move another snowflake I'll be very happy.
I'm inclined to agree with you.

I got my first blower in 1983, hoping it would be kind of insurance against snow.

It did get some pretty good workouts, and it sure beats shoveling. Got a new one in 2008 because the old one began to part company with itself.

The new one has about 30 hours of use in its life so far, and is not showing any of the wear signs (rust) that the old one was suffering from.

Had two snowfalls so far this year that needed blowing. First one, I was all gung ho to get out there and clean it up. I keep forgetting that even though it beats shovelling, snowblowers are a workout for this aging body, and seeing less snow, (and cold) would suit me fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts

All I can say is hang tight, we still have three months to go. I'm just hoping I can run it enough to change out the break in oil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I can say is hang tight, we still have three months to go. I'm just hoping I can run it enough to change out the break in oil.
Good point. I only have about 3-4 hours of use on my machine. I'll change the oil on it at the end of the year even if I don't need too...
I'm with you but that's because I also just got a new snowblower. I'm guessing in a few years I'll be sick of it.
Ya, that's probably why I'm exited too. I hated plowing snow when I had my old MTD 22"5hp. God forbid if the snow had any dampness to it, the MTD would clog every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts