Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that I've been coming over to this forum to read about snow just to cool off.:D

I don't know how many days we've had temperatures in the 90s, but it's getting real old. We need rain so bad here. Everything is dried up and looking sad.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yep, that helped. Supposed to be another hot dry day here again today. Can't even get outside, except early in the morning, and be comfortable.:(

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Heat

I hear you on the heat, my A/C bill has been terrible this year. Just added R60 insulation the other weekend to the attic at my place in an attempt to help cut that down a little and hopefully it will help this winter also.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
its been hot here also but i hope it cools down some by the19th. i have a road trip to frackville, pa planned and i'm riding the wing

·
Registered
153 Posts
bwdbrn1 it has been hot here in nw ohio also. since it is dry are we going to have lots of snow this winter i hope? abumppa thanks for puttin the utube video on here

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was reported on the Chicago CBS network.

All But 4 Illinois Counties Now Disaster Areas Due To Drought « CBS Chicago

"Half of the counties in the entire country – and all but four in Illinois – have been declared disaster areas because of the ongoing drought."

"In Illinois, 66 counties were added to the list. A total of 98 of the state’s 102 counties are now disaster areas; only Cook, DuPage, Kane and Will counties are not."

This ain't good.:eek:

·
Registered
153 Posts
i work at a grain elevater and we make feed for livestock. its not going to look pritty this fall. looks like we might see cooler weather this week. gayland

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wife and I took a little "Sunday drive" from our home in Rock Island, IL through part of south east Iowa around the Ottumwa, IA area. Lot of the corn didn't even look like it was 5' tall, and brown! So many of the rivers and creek levels were down lower than I've ever seen them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts