Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started blowin' yesterday I could hear a belt rubbing on the inside of the cover. Took the cover off and found a belt had been rubbing, this is the same problem the previous owner had with the machine. I changed the belts when I first got the machine, so I knew they were new. I also adjusted the tension on the auger drive cable. Is there anything else I should adjust to keep this from happening again?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
When I started blowin' yesterday I could hear a belt rubbing on the inside of the cover. Took the cover off and found a belt had been rubbing, this is the same problem the previous owner had with the machine. I changed the belts when I first got the machine, so I knew they were new. I also adjusted the tension on the auger drive cable. Is there anything else I should adjust to keep this from happening again?
It would be nice to know what kind of machine you are talking about?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Modify cover
If its a plastic cover and is not rubbing by much maybe take it off and take hot air gun and bend it a bit. they are sometimes bowed anyway. Also could you shim it... make shim ( U shape) out of piece plastic the same color or clear that fits under bottom of one side , this would tilt it. Bend plastic for shim with hot air gun over pc of angle iron, etc.to look fairly neat. Posting a picture might help.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
So, is it effectively too narrow? If you spread it apart more, would it avoid rubbing the belt?

If so, maybe you could slot the mounting hole(s) on the side that is rubbing. Spread it apart further, since the hole is now a slot that will allow some width adjustment, then tighten the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts