Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using this product about 2years ago and find it superior to any others: Jig-a-loo spray lubricant. It's about two bucks for a large spray can and is slicker than Rod Blagoyevich!!! It actually coats the auger and chute with a clear coat and inhibits rust. Makes them extremely slippery. It is also a waterproofer. Works good on shovels etc. Give it a try. Beats using Pam or other spray products plus it's very inexpensive. Regards; JACK:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great info Jack! I was looking around for alternatives to the "sno-jet" type sprays; at $15+ buck a can is a little steep for me. I usually wipe down and wax my machine a couple times during the season - my friends and wife think I'm nuts, and I must admit it is excessive but I like to keep my investments in like-new condition if I can help it. I think I'll give a try this year and just leave waxing the auger/impellers for end of season maintenance, plus it should help get into the nooks that I can't get to with waxing. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I started using this product about 2years ago and find it superior to any others: Jig-a-loo spray lubricant. It's about two bucks for a large spray can and is slicker than Rod Blagoyevich!!! It actually coats the auger and chute with a clear coat and inhibits rust. Makes them extremely slippery. It is also a waterproofer. Works good on shovels etc. Give it a try. Beats using Pam or other spray products plus it's very inexpensive. Regards; JACK:)
Ive been looking for something to keep snow from sticking. Where might I find this stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
where is it sold? retailers link is blank

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
In Canada it's at Canadian Tire. I'm not sure where you'd find it South of the 49th. Maybe Fleet Farm or Tractor Supply or those kinds of stores.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Advertised as "Canada's best lubricant" on the Bay for 80+ bucks a case of 12. Doesn't show up in the single can purchase. MH

·
Registered
1972 Ariens, mecaniically restored w/ Predator swap.
373 Posts
This thread has 1192 views and only 9 responses (before this post). I know its off topic but that stat kind of blew my mind when I saw it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lowest price I've found for jigaloo is $20.00 U.S. for a 3 oz can from a Amazon. vendor. Most retailers online do not have it, and the in house stores like home depot, no longer carry the product. True Value Hardware no longer available on line, check store for product inventory.

So, how can I get the 10.5oz can for $2.00?

·
Premium Member
10,847 Posts
My mistake. I saw the video and was very impressed with it. Doing more research I see how it's difficult to apply properly and most importantly it doesn't seem to hold up well to abrasion.
It sure looked good at first !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can we get consensus here fellas?????????????????

So? Another amazing product for snowblower chutes that's hens teeth rare/ unavailable! Given the number of views someone else mentioned on this thread, there's clearly a need and interest to have a product at reasonable cost that stops ice buildup on impellers and in chutes. I've heard Pam cooking spray. But which one? Like everything else the marketers have diversified into 10 different versions of Pam spray be it olive oil or canola based? Some say vegetable oil. One person claimed diesel sprayed on. Others use car exterior wax, or paraffin in its myriad forms. Some use WD40. One mentioned a Spray Nine cleaner product called snow shooter I think? I've used the tractor supply graphite paint on the 3 point tractor PTO blower and my sense was it didn't last. It is December 2017 so you'd think by this point we all would have developed a consensus on what to use for this situation. I've got a hopped up Ariens 1032 with impeller kit and 12hp overhead cam motor and she throws the snow!!! That is, till my impeller ices up which it will each snow cleaning regardless outside conditions. Super cold fluff helps but???

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
So? Another amazing product for snowblower chutes that's hens teeth rare/ unavailable! Given the number of views someone else mentioned on this thread, there's clearly a need and interest to have a product at reasonable cost that stops ice buildup on impellers and in chutes. I've heard Pam cooking spray. But which one? Like everything else the marketers have diversified into 10 different versions of Pam spray be it olive oil or canola based? Some say vegetable oil. One person claimed diesel sprayed on. Others use car exterior wax, or paraffin in its myriad forms. Some use WD40. One mentioned a Spray Nine cleaner product called snow shooter I think? I've used the tractor supply graphite paint on the 3 point tractor PTO blower and my sense was it didn't last. It is December 2017 so you'd think by this point we all would have developed a consensus on what to use for this situation. I've got a hopped up Ariens 1032 with impeller kit and 12hp overhead cam motor and she throws the snow!!! That is, till my impeller ices up which it will each snow cleaning regardless outside conditions. Super cold fluff helps but???
How long do find you need to be throwing before your impeller ices up that much?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I searched in the U.S to no avail Home Depot, Grainger, Walmart, Tractor Supply, and Fastenal.

Amazon had it at $60.00 per aerosol can.

I recall this had also been mentioned on a previous post earlier this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.