Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
After doing a number of fruitless searches, I thought I'd ask the question. Is there a preferred source for MTD parts (vs. engine parts) out there? I've used my local outdoor power equipment guy, but in this case, I just need a few odds n ends and would like to hear from the membership. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Check Google shopping using MTD part Number for best prices.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
It all depends on what "best place" means to you.

MTD would be a first go to for me to find part numbers and diagrams: Snow Blower Parts: Replacement Snow Thrower Parts from MTD Parts

For price you need to shop around with ebay, amazon, jackssmallengine, searspartsdirect, repairclinic, big box stores, MFGsupply, ...

Just depends on what you need. I get a lot of stuff from Primeline through Oreilly auto parts. That and Ebay are my two main sources. For Ariens it's the Ariens "Parts Radar". John Deere has it's site too.
It also depends on it the machine is "average" or something really old and or collectible. I ended up at "Bostonlawnmower" for parts for my old Sears Drift Breaker.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. What I need at the moment is of all things, a crank handle. The one on my 8/26 broke into pieces and what is left is chewing up my gloves. They are hard plastic and I think the cold eventually gets to them. At the same time the plastic bushing on the crank rod holder broke so I need one of those as well. We are talking about $10 bucks worth of bits - not a big deal but it prompted the question.

I am a member of a number of these forums and usually they have a preferred vendor/supplier list (places where people generally are satisfied with price, service, etc.) under reference material so I thought I'd see one here. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts