Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some 6mm pull rope for the starter of a rototiller. It was advertised on Amazon as starter pull rope so I assume that it is made for that use.

But I am familiar with various qualities of rope (i.e., rope with Spectra woven in, etc.).

So do any of you have any suggestions for the best pull starter rope out there?

I want to "one and done" the rope in all my pull starter (recoil) small engines.

·
Registered
115 Posts
might want to check out Donyboy73 on YouTube. The size (thickness) of the rope might make a difference.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
outboard motor starter rope, from a dealer of quality outboards, is about as good as you can get, but still is at the mercy of the rope guides its getting pulled through.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taurus04: Excellent frickin' video Eh? Thank you very much!

nwcove: I bought 6mm for the rototiller, I guess I will have to wait for it to arrive to know if it is too big.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Take some and go to a local boat or snowmobile shop, better yet call around. Just measure with a Mike and do get the same diameter. They sell it by the foot so at a generic repair place it's probably costing $7 compared to $20 for the exact same thing at name brand X. Places that rent tools have it too for fixing their rental stuff. That's where I'd start, cheapest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts