Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems winter is here ,only took yr1/2. we are looking at 12''- 24'' and a blizzard warning to boot. Part of me is saying yahoo, the other part of me is:eek:. I will be out plowing in my truck 24+ hrs straight . But at least I play with my 69 and see how the 9.5hp intek runs.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
never trust a weatherman or a politician :D
i hope you do get some snow. they say about four inches for me but that what they sai two days ago

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
there's a whole 1/2 inch of snow on the ground

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
i made it to henry's and there is about 1/2 inch of frozen rain under the snow. i don't need a snowblower i need a salt spreader
its gone from snowing to sprinkeling

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Weatherman was forcasting 12"-18" up your way and 12"-36" for NYC. Of course there's the obvious solution if you don't like the weather forcast: change channels. No 2 ever seem to match so pick the one you like the best.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
now its back to snowing

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woke up at 7am , got some last minute stuff done . I have been lying down trying to take a nap as of 10 of noon still up. Dam but at least I have a nice bowl of chilly my bride for me. Good thing the windows of my truck will be open tonight. ha ha

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
New York City should get off easy..8" to 12"..that's nothing..
Boston however is a different story..they are in line for 2 feet or more..

Here in Western NY we will have a foot on the ground by morning..
that rates a big *yawn* from Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse! ;)
things should be completely back to normal by Noon tomorrow..

I will get to take out the Ariens in the morning though! :)

Scot

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up with 32'' with lots of drifts . woke up at 7am on friday and got to be bed 11pm sat. My 69 ariens ran great, But I think that the 9.5 hp intek sits further back on the tractor than the old 5hp did, The front end pops up more. Snow dust from the blower really wake's you up better than coffee.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Sunday snow

Well we only got a couple of inches over the weekend. I did finish off an Ariens 8 HP 24" that I'd been working on. I did have a chance to try it out and it did an acceptable job of moving what little snow we received.

Oh well, maybe next time we'll have enough snow to make it fun :D

They're calling for more snow on Thursday, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it looks so big because the tractor is smaller than a blower that was made for that size engine. I can tell you this,I was running in 3rd and 4th gear with no bogging.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts