Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was kind of a bitter sweet day here in Yooperland the other day. After many years of trusted service, I sold the Suburban SS/16 and all the implements I had for it. If I could have found a front end loader for it, I probably would have kept it, but those are seemingly as rare as hen's teeth, and lacking four wheel drive, it may not have worked as well as I need it to. I still have the H4514 to do mowing and light towing jobs, but there are times in some places that it's two wheel drive with no differential lock causes some problems.

My sights are set on something fairly small. Maybe in the 18 to 22 HP range. I don't need anything huge, but having four wheel drive on the loose sand and rock that we have around here would sure be a benefit.

Anyway, the ol' SS/16 went to a good home. The folks who bought it said they were mostly interested in the snow thrower attachment to help clear the parking lot of their church. I hope it will help them. Where they're from gets and annual snowfall of 200" or better.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'll explain it best I can as a displaced Illinoisan.

Yooper is a play on the word Upper from Upper Peninsula. Upper...Uuuupper.

yoop·er
ˈyo͞opər/
nounUSinformal
noun: Yooper; plural noun: Yoopers
a native or inhabitant of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I don't know the history on the Yooper Scooper, but mention it to anyone up here and they know what you're talking about. Here's one...

Here's one in action...

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
its called yooper land because U.P.er land ....well :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts